Commonwealth Bistro, a chef-owned and operated restaurant, is seeking talent for our General Manager (GM) position. We are seeking a GM with fine dining experience that has strong leadership and organizational skills. Commonwealth has a community culture built out of mutual respect, openness to learn, and passion for service & the craft of food.
- Experience in fine dining restaurant management
- Attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Proficiency with Google suite and MS Office products
- Strong organizational and communication skills to manage staff, interact with leadership and respond to guests’ needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to lift 40+ lbs
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record
- Experience with POS and reservation systems
- Maintain a facility that is safe, secure and healthy as well as hold the highest level of cleanliness in all areas including front of house and back of house. Follow standard operating procedures; determine and implement system improvements as needed.
- Lead daily pre-shift meetings and communicate menu features, service points and guest reservations.
- Build relationships with guests, recognize special occasions and manage private party bookings.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative, positive, and respectful workplace culture.
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by helping to prepare forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; developing and implementing strategies to increase sales.
- Develop and maintain an effective plan for training including food and wine education, and communication of company standards and policies.
- Review and approve payroll, approve hourly rate and status changes for employees.
- Work with marketing team to contribute content in a timely manner, work with media to book photo shoots and interviews as needed.
- Meet weekly with Chef, bi-weekly with marketing team, and monthly with leadership.
- Maintain the employee appreciation program, and uphold brand standards.
This is a full-time, salaried position
Mercantile Library membership
Family Meal at every shift
About Commonwealth Bistro
LOCALLY SOURCED, HISTORICALLY INSPIRED
Our goal is to create experiences that support the common wealth of the community through love for food. It is a place where food is locally-sourced and inspired by our region’s past, prepared with passion and creativity, and served with Kentucky hospitality.
Our Values: Craft, Learning, Community.
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.